Listed on this page is the information pertaining to Classes, Shipping, Store/Return and Privacy policies.
Reservations can be made either in person, online or via telephone. Store credit will be given if you cancel 7 days prior to class. If there is not sufficient enrollment, you will be given a store refund or credit. We reserve the right to cancel a class if our minimum number of students is not met.
We prefer that you purchase your supplies from Sew Elegant prior to class. Supply list will be available at registration. Our expertise in color coordinating fabric and selecting proper tools will make for a successful project. Students will receive a 10% discount on the supplies purchased for that class.
Patterns, books and handouts cannot be shared or copied because of copyright laws. Let's help keep these talented and creative designers in business.
We understand that many people carry cell phones today, however, during class we ask that you turn off your cell phone, or at least put it on "silent" so that it does not disturb others. If you need to use your cell phone, please be polite, and step outside to talk so you do not disturb the class.
Winter Classes (December through March) will be canceled if weather conditions are either bad or predicted to be bad. We usually call students when classes are canceled. Please call the store in the event you haven't been contacted.
Please do not bring guests/children to classes. Classes are for registered participants only.
1. All prices for shipping and products are in US dollars. The shipping charges are just estimates based on shipping from zip code 48059 to east and west cost USA addresses. Your shipping cost can change if the majority of your purchases are sale/clearance items and / or there are books / magazines included. (Orders are processed manually so we can make adjustments.)
2. For an estimate, 2-1/2 yards of fabric is approximately 1 pound. We can usually get approximately 5 yards in a priority envelope - except flannels. (If it costs less to ship First Class, we will, however the new First Class rates are now dependent on letter dimension in addition to weight.)
3. We will try to keep your shipping costs as reasonable as possible. Most orders can be shipped USPS since they deliver on Saturdays and are faster than UPS. Note: Alaska & Hawaii cannot be shipped via UPS.
4. All domestic orders, $75 and higher, will automatically have insurance attached. The amount will be dependent upon the order total (before shipping & applicable taxes).
5. We will not overstuff the envelopes or boxes. It will put our business at risk.
6. We try to package and ship orders within one to three business days.
International Shipping Policies:
1. Flat Rate mailers and boxes have replaced Global Priority. The flat-rate envelope shipped international has a weight restriction of 4 pounds. Flat rate medium boxes have a weight restriction of 20 pounds.
2. At this time, we are only shipping to Canada. You are responsible for paying all duties and tariffs on your orders. Please do not ask us to mismark the customs form.
3. Insurance will be added to orders totaling $75 or higher (before shipping). The insurance amount will be dependent upon the order total.
4. We will not ship nor accept any email or phone orders requesting us to ship through an "agent" of any kind!
Store / Refund Policies:
1. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards for online orders and phone payments.
2. All fabric is 42 to 44 inches wide and 100% cotton unless stated otherwise in the fabric description.
3. Credit card orders are processed manually by us. If your credit card is declined we will try again the next day. If declined a second time we will notify you and you have 10 days from day of notice to set up an alternate method of payment. After that date, fabric will be returned to stock.
4. There are NO returns or refunds on Books, Magazines, Patterns , Blocks of the Month, videos, DVDs, Embroidery CDs, Computer Software, or other copyrighted materials as prohibited by law. There are NO exceptions.
5. We will be happy to replace or refund any defective or incorrect item. You must call the store for a Return Authorization Number. You must return the item in the same state in which you received them. We cannot accept: washed fabrics, cigarette odors or any other odors, etc. on the fabrics. Returns MUST be received within 15 days of the shipping date of your order.
6. All sales on clearance items, end of bolts, one of a kind items, are final, with NO returns accepted on these items.
7. We will not refund any shipping costs and we will not accept any COD items from you.
Sew Elegant does not share or sell your personal information or email address. This information is used strictly for processing your orders or to deliver our e-newsletters to you (if you've registered to receive them).
Sew Elegant uses Secure Sockets Locket (SSL) technology to protect your credit card information. Once you click to "Check Out", you will be taken to a secure server to enter your credit card information.